The Door’s partnership with the Boys & Girls Club of Metropolian Baltimore
The Door will be partnering with the Boys & Girls Cub of Metropolitan Baltimore to provide increased programming for the youth in the East Baltimore area. This programming will focus on academic success, health & life-skills; and character & leadership. Programs will be delivered by trained, paid, youth-development professionals.
Programming may include but are not limited to the following:
• Power Hour– helps young people ages 6-18 achieve academic success by providing homework help, tutoring, and high-yield learning activities and encouraging young people to become self-directed learners.
• SMART Girls– provides health, fitness, prevention/education, and self-esteem enhancement for girls.
• Passport to Manhood– teaches responsibility to boys ages 11-17 with sessions that focus on specific aspects of character and manhood through highly interactive activities.
• Triple Play Healthy Habits– emphasizes good nutrition, regular physical activity, and improved overall well-being.
• SMART Moves– focuses on building key social-emotional skills (e.g. self-regulation, impulse control and stress management) young people need to make healthy choices about substance use, sexual activity, violence and other risky behaviors.
Programming will take place in the form of an afterschool program and summer camp. It will initially be geared towards students in grades K-5 and then increase grade levels from year to year.